WITTON Albion eased to a victory against opponents who will play in non-league football’s top flight during the forthcoming campaign.

Captain Michael Powell scored either side of the interval following Danny Andrews’ opener to settle the outcome inside 50 minutes.

Substitute Sean Clancy’s goal for Telford, with three minutes left, will be scant consolation to the Bucks after they were outplayed by Brian Pritchard’s men.

Andrews reacted sharply when full back Andy Owens and goalkeeper Jonathan Hedge dithered in dealing with Iain Howard’s pass, allowing Albion’s wide man to squeeze a shot into the net from an acute angle.

Scott Bakkor struck directly from a free kick shortly afterwards, but Telford’s net-minder clawed his attempt to safety.

With new recruit Chris Sanna unavailable, Witton’s stand-in goalkeeper reacted smartly to smother Andy Farrell’s driven free kick.

Mike Phenix went closer still for Telford but his effort, guided with an instep following approach play by ex-Albion winger Josh Hancock, flashed narrowly wide.

Powell spun and shot in the same movement to double the hosts’ lead shortly before the break after the Bucks partially cleared a corner.

He repeated the trick two minutes into the second half, this time cushioning a header into an empty net after Anthony Gardner and Andrews had exposed Owens down the visitors’ left.

Phenix dragged an attempt wide before substitutes Tony Gray and Sam Smith both forced Witton’s on-trial custodian to save smartly.

When he was beaten, Clancy was assisted by a decisive deflection of a defensive wall.

Witton (4-4-2) Trialist (GK), Gardner, Barnes, Harrison (Trialist 58), Moyo (Trialist 72), Andrews (Trialist 68), Davidson (Sheehan 72), Powell (Trialist 58), Howard (Dawson 68), Trialist (Trialist 75), Bakkor (Trialist 68)

Telford (4-5-1) Hedge (GK), Baynes, Byrne, Akrigg (Clancy 55), Owens (Lever 49), Phenix (Smith 62), Barnett (Todd 67), Grogan, Deacey, Hancock (Cooke 55), Farrell (Gray 62)

Referee Chris Clarke (Knutsford)

Attendance 146