WITTON Albion and 1874 Northwich both produced poor second-half showings as they were defeated in Northern Premier League West encounters on Saturday.

Albion were ahead at the break against high-flying Clitheroe thanks to Tom Pope’s 13th-minute effort.

But Billy Priestley (76) and John McGrath (89) condemned Jon Macken’s side to a fourth defeat in five league matches.

Goalkeeper Ollie Martin was back after injury, while new signings Harry Brazel and Tom Hoyle made their debuts in the starting line-up.

But after building firm foundations in the first half Macken felt his men failed to execute the plans that were discussed at the break and paid the price as they slipped to 13th on the ladder, albeit three points off sixth in a tightly packed table.

Meanwhile, 1874 led at Hanley Town but conceded twice in the second half to fall 4-2.

Jamal Crawford put the visitors ahead from a Max Chimenes square ball in the ninth minute before two goals in nine minutes from Tyrone Ofori gave Hanley the lead.

Ofari’s first came from the rebound after Ellis Allen saved a 20th-minute penalty conceded by skipper Matt Woolley.

Fenton Green levelled matters in the 37th minute after a telling cross from Lucas Weir.

But two goals in five minutes early in the second half by Luke Walsh sent 1874 home disappointed, leaving them 15th on the ladder.

In the Midland League Premier Division, Northwich Victoria’s trip to Stourport Swifts proved fruitless.

All three goals came in the second half, with Dale Switters’ 68th-minute goal being sandwiched be efforts from Tilbury (61) and Chiltern (75).

Stourport levelled from a penalty after the ball hit Griman's arm from a close-range cross.

Ben Tilbury put the ball beyond Adam Reid's reach right into the corner.

Switters pulled his side level, and then a deep cross was headed back across the Vics' area and Chilton was there to head home from close range.

Vics pressed forward but couldn't quite get the final ball correct.

They had two big shouts for penalties but neither were given.

Elsewhere, in North West Counties Division One South, both Barnton and Winsford United came out on top of their oponents.

Josh Maris netted a thrilling winner for The Villagers in the 93rd minute, handing them their first three points in five mtches.

Joseph Levy had put Barnton ahead in the 27th minute and Declan Hacking levelled matters with 15 minutes or regular time remaining.

Winsford United are now only a point away from getting out of the relegation zone.

This is after their 2-0 home win against Eccleshall.

Jeanny Leblanc-Akpo opened the scoring in style after approximately 10 seconds and then Reece Davies doubled what proved to be the winning margin in the 17th minute.