1874 Northwich and Witton Albion had contrasting fortunes around red cards in Saturday’s Northern Premier League West action.

The Greens, who handed a debut to former Whitchurch Alport, Runcorn Linnets and Northwich Victoria frontman Matty Birchall, were reduced to 10 men shortly before half-time but went on to score twice in the second half to secure a 2-0 win at home against Vauxhall Motors.

Sam Adetiloye was shown the red card for a collision which left Vauxhall’s goalkeeper flat out on the deck.

1874 rode their luck a little when the visitors hit the post in the 57th minute but six minutes later Lucas Weir put the hosts ahead from the penalty spot.

The win was secured when the ball came through to Matty Fenton from a free-kick and he made no mistake from close range.

1874’s third win in four league matches places them 12th on the ladder.

Meanwhile, Witton lost 4-1 away to a Prescot Cables side that were reduced to 10 men after 18 minutes.

Matthew Devine was sent off for a late challenge, just eight minutes after former Witton midfielder James Foley had put them ahead from the penalty spot.

Albion were back on level terms after an Alex McNally own goal in the 23rd minute but also came close when they hit the crossbar and then the post either side of that score.

McNally redeemed himself when he put Cables back in front from a corner before half time.

Jack Goodwin and new signing Sam O’Halleron went on to secure all three points for the hosts, who climbed to second in the table as a result while Witton fell to 10th.

Northwich Victoria were grateful to Frazer Cookson’s 87th minute rebound effort for a 2-1 home success against Romulus in the Midland League Premier Division.

Cookson had a great chance in the first half but his header from a free-kick was tipped over the goal by the keeper.

Soon after, Marcus Perry found the target from the penalty spot after Sam Unwin had been fouled by the keeper.

Niall Sultan hit the crossbar for Vics but the half ended 1-0.

Romulus levelled matters in the 57th minute before Cookson’s late heroics.

The win was soured by Joel Bembo-Leta’s dismissal four minutes into added time.

Winsford United achieved a stunning 4-1 home win against Abbey Hulton United in front of all their youth teams, following the new partnership with Winsford Over 3, that brought in a crowd of 502.

Ezeikel Eme, brought in on loan from West Didsbury and Chorlton, caught the eye with a goal and two assists.

He put them ahead in the 10th minute, fired in the corner that was headed home by skipper Steve Jenyons in the 30th minute and sent in a low cross that was turned in by Reece Davies in the 55th minute.

Harry Griffiths pulled a goal back for the visitors but in the first minute of added time Jamie Dawson skipped past several defenders to set up Thomas Stanton for the fourth goal.

Blues had a 40th-minute penalty saved, but it did not matter on this occasion against a side pushing for the play-offs positions.

Winsford’s third win in four outings still leaves them second from bottom but closing in on the sides above them.

Also in the North West Counties League Division One South, Barnton bagged a 2-2 draw at Stockport Georgians.

Finley Rorke completed The Villagers’ two-goal fightback with a great strike from outside the box in the fifth minute of added time.

Harvey Sample had halved the deficit in the 70th minute.

Barnton ended the day in 12th place.