BARNTON FC pulled off a superb success in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round.

They trailed 1-0 at Frickley Athletic, a side one level above them in the North East Counties League, until the 89th minute.

And then The Villagers sub Justeace Nichols-Holness netted twice at the death, levelling matters in the 89th minute and scoring the winner in the third minute of added time.


Keegan Townrow had put Frickley ahead in the 33rd minute.

Also progressing in the FA Vase are Northwich Victoria, who had a more comfortable afternoon in their home tie against Selby Town played at Winsford United’s Barton Stadium.

Steve Pickup’s side won 4-0, with two goals in four minutes midway through the second half by Ryan Jackson (57) and Niall Sultan (60) putting them out of reach.

Sam Unwin’s 11th-minute goal had given Vics a half-time lead and Callum Parker wrapped things up in the 90th minute.

Assistant manager Matt Barnes said: “There were no risks taken and some fantastic goals as well, especially Sam Unwin’s first one.

“We’re going from strength to strength but we’ve got to be careful now that we don’t stop here.

“We’ve got to prepare right again for Monday and get back to the bread and butter, and that’s three points on Monday hopefully.”

Vics host Lichfield City in the Midland League Premier Division on Monday at the U Lock It Stadium, Wincham, kick-off 3pm.

Winsford United bowed out of the Vase in a rollercoaster of emotions.

A minute before full-time they levelled their tie at a hastily assembled Armthorpe Welfare side 2-2 but were then defeated 5-3 in the penalty shoot-out.

Both sides had finished the game with 10 men.

Armthorpe have been through a bit of turmoil recently, postponing three league matches following the sudden resignation of their management team and this was their first match under new manager James Baxendale.

Emanuel Roche had put Blues ahead in the 55th minute but two goals in three minutes from Leon Osborne and Scott Dixon looked to have settled it for the hosts until Winsford’s late equaliser through Luke Duckworth.

Steve Garner scored the winning penalty after Billy Hick saved Winsford's fourth shot from the spot.

Blues return to North West Counties League First Division South action on Monday when they entertain Maine Road, kick-off 3pm.

In the Northern Premier League West, Witton Albion remain undefeated since the season’s start thanks to a 2-2 home draw with Avro.

Jon Macken’s side looked to be heading for their second win of the season but conceded a leveller to Muis Bibire Bello in the 88th minute.

Oliver Hitchcox had put Witton ahead in the 61st minute after Oli Roberts’ 30th-minute effort cancelled out Liam Ellis’ opener for Avro in the ninth minute.

Witton head to Runcorn Linnets on Monday, kick-off 3pm.

Meanwhile, 1874 Northwich are to still to celebrate a win this season as they suffered a second defeat to go with their two draws so far.

It was a tough loss to take as they fell 1-0 at Prescot Cables after conceding the winning goal from Alex McNally in the 90th minute.

1874 return to action on Monday at home to Nantwich at Townfield, kick-off 3pm.