WITTON Albion’s unbeaten five-match run ended at Nantwich Town on Saturday afternoon.

Jon Macken’s side were defeated 1-0 on a frustrating visit to Swansway Stadium in Northern Premier League West.

The Witton players had to adjust to a very heavy and slow artificial surface, which was showing lots of rubber on the surface.

And two good penalty shouts in the first half were turned away by the referee.

The first one came when Elliot Rokka was dribbling and the second when Joe Duckworth was brought down by keeper Scott Moloney.

A strong Rokka shot went narrowly over the bar early in the second half and soon after somehow the ball didn’t go in following a scramble in the goal mouth.

In the end The Dabbers, who won 4-1 at the U Lock It Stadium earlier in the campaign and the fourth successive league game in which they have kept a clean sheet, completed their league double over Witton in the 65th minute.

A free kick was given away at the corner of the box, and Paul Carden’s side netted the decider through striker Byron Harrison from the resulting set piece.

Meanwhile, Northwich Victoria produced a poor display in losing 3-0 against Shifnal Town at the Acoustafoam Stadium.

The Trickies did have their moments in the first half but their hosts grew into the contest.

Goals conceded eight minutes before and three minutes after the break proved to be killers for a Vics side yet to win away from home this season in the Midland Premier League.

A little flick on from Josh Hesson allowed Joe Cuff drive forward and blast the ball past Vics keeper Adam Reid.

Cuff netted the second, too, taking on a couple of defenders and then slotting it wide of Reid into the bottom corner.

The third goal came from a corner in the 61st minute when the delivery was flicked on and met by Jordan Jones at the back post.

Elsewhere, Winsford United squandered a 2-0 lead to fall 4-2 at home to Alsager Town in North West Counties League First Division South.

Reece Davies (16) and Daniel Kerr (19) put Blues in command but after Alsager levelled through Oliver Pope (45) and Jack Woolley (76) they clinched the three points with two late goals through Pope (85) and Ryan Jackson (88).

Fixtures for 1874 Northwich and Barnton were postponed due to frozen pitches.