WITTON Albion were undone at home by two of their former players as Prescot Cables clinched a 3-2 success.

Kyle Sambor and James Foley both netted for The Pesky Bulls in the Northern Premier League West affair, putting an end to Witton’s four-match unbeaten run.

Elliot Rokka put the hosts ahead in the seventh minute in front of a bumper 684 crowd at the U Lock It Stadium but the sides turned around level-pegging thanks to a reply from Sambor just before the break.

Two minutes into the new half Charlie Glennon nudged the third-placed visitors in front but it was all square again in the 64th minute through Brandon Newell.

Ten minutes later Foley netted from the penalty spot to seal Prescot’s win, leaving Witton fifth on the ladder and still in a play-offs spot.

Bottom-of-the-table 1874 Northwich, currently under the caretaker management of senior players Matt Woolley and Mark Jones, lost again and heaped more trouble upon themselves in their attempts to avoid relegation.

Third-from-bottom Vauxhalls, who drew 2-2 away to league leaders Leek Town in midweek, bagged a 3-1 win and it now means Greens are 15 points away from safety with 10 games remaining.

1874 keeper Matt Wonnacott made three fine saves in the opening four minutes as the Motormen threatened to overrun their guests, and he was soon to the rescue again when Vauxhalls were clear through on a counter attack.

A few chances came and went at the other end before Josh Nicholson put 1874 ahead after 17 minutes.

Mitch Duggan smashed a header against the crossbar as 1874 lived dangerously.

Connor Rankin did level matters in the 40th minute when he chipped over keeper Danny Roberts, capitalising on a pass supplied by Jordan Deer.

There was controversy around Prescot’s second goal two minutes into the second period.

Jay Harvey took the ball on the half turn and smashed home his shot but the officials missed that he had controlled the ball with his hand in the process.

1874 then had three good chances to level matters.

A Jones glancing header was cleared off the line, Oli McFadyen fired over from six yards and there was another goal-line clearance from a McFadyen cross.

Focused on finding a leveller, 1874 then fell to a sucker punch as substitute Bobbie McDonnell played in Rankin to tap into an empty net in the 73rd minute.

Meanwhile Northwich Victoria and Winsford United matches were postponed due to waterlogged pitches.

Vics’ 13th wiped-out match of the season was scheduled away to Bewdley Town, while Blues were due to host Cheadle Heath Nomads at Barton Stadium.