1874 Northwich’s loss today shows they are in serious trouble – if they weren’t already.

Bottom of the table, yet to win under new manager Damian Crossley, the 4-0 defeat at home to Trafford has poured further pressure on hopes of avoiding relegation.

Trafford, third from bottom, are now 11 points clear of 1874 and it leaves Crossley’s side with a huge mountain to climb.

Of course, funny things can happen in football, one win can change a season, but you have to say for the Greens that now needs to happen very quickly if they are to initially stop the rot of 16 games without a win and go on to pull off an escape act out of the bottom two places.

Both of the first-half goals scored by the visitors were created down their right through Rob Worrall crosses.

Eddie Servuts lopped a header over Matt Wonnacott for the opener in the 39th minute and then in first-half added time Dammy Sotona smashed the ball home off the underside of the crossbar after a scramble in the box.

Moments before netting the second, 1874’s Chris McCann had two efforts on goal blocked and loud shouts for handball were ignored by referee Paul Roots.

To get back into the game, 1874 needed to score first in the second half but Trafford extended their cushion in the 56th minute.

Wonnacott made a fine save but Thomas Beckett was first to respond to the rebound and slotted home for 3-0.

Trafford hit the post before adding their fourth goal in the 74th minute through Jordan Fagbola from a Sotona cross.

A shot from Oli McFadyen was well saved soon after and Tom Fagan hit the bar with a header in the 89th minute but either would have been nothing more than consolation had the efforts gone in.

Witton Albion’s home derby clash with lower league Winsford United in the Mid Cheshire District FA Cup semi-finals went to penalties.

It was Witton who prevailed, winning the shoot-out 3-1.

Winsford scored their first one, Witton their first two, and then there were three successive misses until the winner was hit.

Earlier, Tom Pope came off the bench to rescue the Northern Premier League West side.

Blues established a 2-0 lead through Ross Aikenhead (4mins) and Reece Davies (67) but after entering play in the 58th minute Pope put his side level with goals in the 75th and 86th minutes to force the contest to be decided by penalties.

Witton progress to the final against Northwich Victoria.

Barnton fell 2-0 away to fourth-placed Abbey Hey in North West Counties League Division One South.

A point was looking likely but Ivanilson Da Silva put the hosts in front in the 84th minute and the home success was rubberstamped by Joseph Bevan adding a second six minutes later.

Northwich's home affair with Stone Old Alleyians was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Barton Stadium, Winsford.