ELLIOT Rokka came off the bench to strike twice as Witton Albion progressed in the FA Cup at the expense of Congleton Town.

His goals sandwiched a crazy few minutes in which both managers, Congleton’s Richard Duffy and Witton’s Jon Macken, along with Albion performance coach Josh Hull, were sent off following an incident on the sidelines.

Rokka’s first effort, a sweet curling effort into the top corner, came moments after Dan Needham had put the Bears in front in the 56th minute of the preliminary round tie against the Midland League Premier Division side at The Cleric Stadium.

And then the striker’s winner against last season’s FA Vase semi-finalists in the 82nd minute was the result of Rokka getting on the end of Mike Koral’s near-post cross.

Albion remain undefeated at the start of the 2023/24 season and will return to Northern Premier League West action at Bootle on Tuesday.

Goalkeeper Harry Wright made his Witton debut in place of Ollie Martin.

The signing for the former Ipswich Town and Fleetwood Town netminder was announced 24 hours prior to kick-off.

Wright is the son of former Arsenal, Everton, Ipswich Town and England shot-stopper Richard Wright.

Witton: Harry Wright, Mike Koral, Taylor Kennerley, Ben Harrison, Oliver Hitchcox, Kingsley Williams, Joe Mwasile, James Lawrie, Ryan Baxter, Connor Hughes, Aarron Grewal. Subs: Elliot Rokka, Oli Roberts, Cameron Fogerty, Harry Cain, Dorian Jedrzejczyk.

Meanwhile, in North West Counties League Division One South, Winsford United remained rooted at the foot of the table after Saturday's 4-1 home defeat to league leaders Stockport Town.

Lee Duckworth's winless side led 1-0 at the break thanks to Thomas Stanton's 33rd-minute effort.

However, Town scored four times in 12 minutes sparked by an own goal in the 53rd minute.

Three minutes later Blues were behind after conceding the first of two goals to Harley Monoghan which sandwiched a strike from Daniel McLaughlin.

Fortunes improved for Barnton though as they achieved their first victory of the season, 2-0 at previously unbeaten Ashville.

Harvey Woodhouse put The Villagers in front after 15 minutes and Sam Smith confirmed the win with his 87th-minute goal.