A CLINICAL Northwich Victoria performance helped them become Mid Cheshire FA Senior Cup winners following a 3-0 win over holders Winsford United.

Goals from Luke Sephton, Kuda Chingwaro and Ryan Jackson sealed the deal at the U Lock It Stadium on Wednesday night.


Following a very frantic opening 15 minutes which saw very little opportunities for either side, Northwich were the first to force either goalkeeper into a save.

From Harvey Whyte’s corner Roman Allen rose highest in the area but his headed effort went straight at Arron Lyons in the Winsford goal.

As the game ticked past the half-hour mark, Blues looked to be in the ascendancy.

Danny Boden found himself in space on the wing, he cut inside the oncoming defender before his effort stung the hands of Bradley Rose.

Winsford’s number nine went close again just moments later, but Lee Duckworth’s side were left to rue the missed chances just minutes from the interval.

Ryan Jackson delivered a wonderful ball across the box towards Luke Septhon who beat his defender to glance his header into the far corner to give Northwich a 1-0 lead at the break.

Vics almost doubled their lead in the opening minute of the second half but Lyons was on hand to deny Jackson.

Winsford road the Northwich storm before coming close to pulling back level but Adam Barlow’s curling effort was pushed wide by Rose.

A crucial save it proved to be.

With the hour mark approaching Kuda Chingwaro found himself with the ball just inside the opposition half and there was no stopping him.

He beat the Blues defender before unleashing a stunning effort into the top corner leaving Lyons rooted to the spot.

With the game appearing to get away from Winsford they pushed for a goal that would drag them back into the game.

A melee in the Northwich box saw the ball cleared off the line not once but twice, leaving Blues fans scratching their heads as to how their team had not pulled a goal back.

On a night in which one side were left to rue missed chances and another were clinical in front of goal, Northwich put the game out of sight with 15 minutes remaining.

Matthew Dudley fed the ball into the area to Jackson who found the bottom corner to cap off an impressive performance from Steve Wilkes' side.