The full story of Northwich Victoria’s 7-0 thrashing of Lower Breck on Saturday, courtesy of Peter Tonge…

A SUPERB all-round performance from Vics as they gain revenge for the 5-1 defeat in the away game.

Vics started the game at pace and were unlucky not to go ahead after just four minutes as the ball fell to Luke Sephton outside the area and he crashed a shot against the bar with the keeper well beaten.

The rebound was only half cleared, the ball was recycled out to the left and a cross put in which hit the top of the bar.

Vics weren't to be denied for long though as just five minutes later, Joe Camozzi fed Matty Birchall down the right, who beat his man, cut into the box and cleverly laid the ball across for Sephton to stroke the ball past the hapless Joshua Molloy in the Lower Breck goal.

Vics went further ahead in the 16th minute as the ball was crossed from the right by Ryan Winder to the far left of the box, where Adam Owen somehow finished with a spectacular back heeled overhead flick.

Lower Breck were shellshocked but not out of the game and they quickly forced Chris Cheetham into a fine save as Nathan Corness headed goalwards.

Two minutes later, an even better chance for them – as the ball was played through, Cheetham had to rush out of area and head the ball clear but it fell straight to Sam Turner, who kept his cool and chipped the ball back and was unfortunate to see it hit the bar and bounce over.

Vics went further ahead in the 34th minute as Lower Breck tried to play out of defence but dallied on the ball and had it stolen by Sephton, who went on to calmly lift the ball over the onrushing Molloy.

Sephton then completed his hat-trick in the 40th minute when he cool;y slotted a rebound from around six yards after Molloy could only parry a powerful Owen shot into his path.

This proved to be his last contribution as he somehow suffered a concussion and couldn't remember his goal – he was replaced by Christian Mather.

Vics weren't finished yet as Lower Breck gave away a free kick 30 yards out on the left, which was floated into the box and Chad Whyte was there with a flicked header to make it five.

Any hopes Lower Breck had of getting back into the match after the break were fairly quickly extinguished as good work down the Vics right led to the ball being crossed into the box and laid back to Mather, who stroked the ball low into the corner of the net from 15 yards.

Just to make sure, Vics then got a seventh in the 56th minute as Whyte picked the ball up and evaded three or four tackles before striking the ball.

Molloy made a good stop but the ball fell back to Whyte, who made no mistake at the second time of asking.

The match then settled down with Vics content to let Lower Breck have the ball and attack them on the break.

They were denied an eight in the 73rd minute by a wonderful goal line clearance from Sam Finley as Birchall beat Molloy to the ball, turned well and sent the ball goalwards.

As the match meandered to the finish, Whyte had a couple of efforts just wide for Vics whilst the defence held firm to deny Lower Breck a consolation goal.