NORTHWICH Victoria went goal-crazy at Wincham Park on Saturday as they thrashed Ashton Athletic 7-1 to return to winning ways.

Here’s the full story of the match courtesy of Peter Tonge…

AFTER a couple of underwhelming performances in the last couple of games, Vics fans were fearing the worst as Ashton started the match off like a rocket on Bonfire Night, taking the lead after just four minutes.

Josh Nicholson received the ball down the left, cut inside and curled a lovely shot from 20 yards out into the top of the net.

However, as Vics got used to a changed formation, they grew into the match and were level just 10 minutes later.

Brad Lynch ran onto a lovely through ball, drew the keeper and skimmed a shot from the edge of the area into the far side of the net via the post

There was no holding Vics now and in the 24th minute, they took the lead as Carl Grimshaw stole in at the far post and fired a shot in which the keeper Aspinall did well to save, but it fell back to Grimshaw who made no mistake with his second effort.

Three minutes later, Vics were celebrating again as Matty Birchall got through the Ashton defence on the right hand side of the box and squared the ball across to the waiting Lynch, who couldn't miss from four yards out.

Vics were on fire now and earned a corner in the 30th minute. Lynch curled the ball in, beating everyone as it went directly into the net to bring up his hat-trick and Vics’ fourth goal.

Vics were totally dominating and playing some exciting fast football so it was no surprise when, three minutes before the interval, they increased their lead.

A superb through ball down the middle found Birchall, who held off his man and went one on one with Aspinall.

Only one winner there as Birchall coolly slotted the ball past him to make it 5-1 at half time.

Any remote chance of an Ashton fightback was quickly extinguished after just four minutes of the second half as Lynch got his fourth of the match, finishing off a fine move in the 49th minute.

Predictably, Vics took their foot off the gas now but still controlled the match, playing the ball around with confidence with Christian Mather controlling the midfield area.

Vics were even allowed the luxury of taking off four-goal hero BLynch and replacing him with Chad Whyte with 25 minutes of the match still to go.

Ashton never gave up and battled hard but Chris Cheetham in the Vics net was rarely threatened, and Vics finished the match with a bang in the 85th minute.

The ball was played across the Ashton box from the the right and Whyte swept the ball home from 10 yards out with a fine strike.