NORTHWICH Victoria crashed out of the FA vase after an insipid second half display against Wythenshawe Town at Ericstan Park, writes Pete Tonge.

The match started slowly before in the 8th minute, Town's Jerome Wright was set free down the left by Liam Myers but his fierce shot was wide of the goal.

However, a minute later, a ball over the top from Matty Roberts found Brad Byrne down the right who beat his man, and fired a shot past Scott Reed via a slight deflection to give Town the lead.

Vics at last got into the game, and in the 20th minute , Saul Henderson laid the ball across goal from the goal line and it looked certain that Tom Kilifin would score but somehow Jakovlevs in the Town goal got back to block his effort.

Five minutes later, a cross from Joe Camozzi was met by a looping header from Jamie Reed but it fell wide of the goal.

Vics were pressing more now, and in the 37th minute, Phil Doran found space down the left, and sent a dangerous ball across goal which just evaded Henderson at the far post.

Steve Wilkes’ side finally got the equaliser they deserved in the final minute of the first half, when a corner found its way to the far post where Brandon Barski turned his man and smashed a shot into the net from close range. A striker’s finish from the defender.

Vics started the second half on the front foot, and earnt a free kick when Michael Clarke’s elbow hit Ben Greenop in the face as he beat him for pace down the right in front of the assistant referee but somehow Clarke escaped with just a yellow card.

Myers was also booked for not retreating the 10 yards at the same time.

The free kick came to nothing.

In the 55th minute, a cross was played in and Reed who tried an audacious overhead kick, but he didn't make a good connection and it went well wide.

Town took the lead again eight minutes later when Wilson found Myers in acres of space in the middle of the box, and he coolly picked his spot to score.

A minute later, Town could only clear a ball in to Henderson on the edge of the box but his well struck volley was straight at the keeper - anywhere else and it would have been a goal.

Vics had now run out of ideas and were indebted to two excellent saves from Reed to keep them in the game, first from Byrne and then from a Timmons header.

Vics were now resigned to throwing long balls upfield and hoping for something to happen...but it didn't.

Vics: S Reed, Kenny, Barski, P Doran, Whyte, Clarke (Dorney 68'), Winder, J Reed, Kilifin (Greenop 46'), Henderson. Subs not used: Henry, Wilson, Vinten.