1874 NORTHWICH made it four wins from four in style, writes Matt Waters.

Saturday’s game at Charnock Richard. coming on the back of a superb win over Clitheroe in the Emirates FA Cup, saw 1874 on the road for the first time in this new North West Counties League campaign.

All the goals in the 5-0 success came in a relentless second half as 1874 showed their class and made it an irresistible watch.

Two of the goals were netted by man-of-the-moment Jake Parker.

> WATCH: Wayne Goodison gives his reaction

New signing Harry Cain's introduction at half time was a real game changer as his extra yard of pace and skill proved pivotal as he caused the Charnock Richard defence continuous problems.

The first half saw 1874 dominate possession with an excellent defensive display from Mark Jones and Ryan Mitchell, who managed to cancel out the prolific Carl Grimshaw.

Donning their new away kit designed by Phil Galloway for the first time, Northwich had a flurry of chances including Taylor Kennerley hitting the crossbar and a strong penalty appeal turned down after a foul on Lee Jackson.

But goals failed to materialise.

The second half began with a reshuffle at the back, with Ryan Mitchell suffering a pulled calf and being replaced by winger Cain. Mike Koral slotted in at right back.

The second half played out to be arguably one of the best performances over the past few seasons.

Parker opened the scoring on 49 minutes as his effort found the bottom corner from inside the penalty area.

The advantage was soon doubled through Taylor Kennerley as his effort went through the keeper’s legs.

Parker then made it five goals in four games for him as his finish capped off a well worked move to put the game out of sight at 3-0.

The fourth goal came from substitute Nathan Okome as he calmly placed his effort into the bottom corner.

> MORE FOOTBALL: Northwich Victoria report and gallery

However, it was the fifth goal from Callum Gardner which was the standout moment of the game as his effort curled into the top corner from the edge of the area, leaving the Charnock keeper Ashley well-beaten.

Co-manager Wayne Goodison said: “We told the players at half time we started too slow but the last 25 minutes showed our attacking intent and we should have scored before the break.

"But the second half we did that, we created chances and if you said we’d scored more goals, they wouldn’t have been undeserved.”

1874 continue league action on Tuesday at home against Irlam with a 7.45pm kick off and on Saturday 1874 take on Handsworth FC at home in the FA Cup.