STEVE Wilkes has said Northwich Victoria’s players will have no problem focusing again after an FA Vase semi-final first leg was called off last week.

A meeting with Chertsey Town was postponed on Friday after the pitch at Wincham Park was left waterlogged by persistent rainfall.

The game will now take place tomorrow, Sunday, kick-off 2pm.

“It was disappointing because everybody was raring to go,” said the Vics boss.

“But it was also the right decision; the weather had been awful and nobody wants a game of this importance to be played in farcical conditions.

"We were up for it, and we will be again."

Neither side has played since March 5, almost three weeks ago.

Vics won 3-0 at Hanley Town in a North West Counties League Premier Division fixture while the Curfews put four goals without reply past CB Hounslow United in a Combined Counties League top-flight game.

Wilkes said: "Because we're in the same position, that's neither an advantage nor disadvantage.

“I’m not worried about the lads; they’ll get themselves back up again.

"We've trained twice this week, and the way we look at it is we've had a bit more time to work on things we think can help us to gain an advantage during the game."

Vics are hoping more people will be tempted to watch the game on an afternoon when there are no alternatives on television.

The Premier League has no fixtures scheduled because their teams are on in international break, while fans of rival clubs will be supporting their side on Saturday.

Wilkes is also relieved that attacker Darrhyl Mason has had extra time to recover from an injury sustained during a 6-0 win against West Didsbury & Chorlton last month.

He is the only slight fitness doubt.

“Sometimes on this run little things have gone our way,” added Wilkes.

“Most people seem to think the new date is better than the original one and we’re also now more optimistic that a key player will be available to us.”

The second leg in Surrey has been rescheduled for next Saturday, March 30.