1874 recorded their first win at Brocstedes Park on Tuesday night.

An excellent performance, and goals from Taylor Kennerley and Jake Parker in each half, secured for the team a third win in four outings.

Neither goalkeeper was unduly tested until the 27th minute when Kennerley's well hit free kick beat the home keeper after taking a slight deflection.

Defences appeared to have control before a slip by Paul Connor appeared to put his colleagues in danger of conceding in the 40th minute. However, Connor quickly back-pedalled to clear a shot off the line.

Workmanlike Same Freakes pushed forward from winning the ball but his effort to double 1874's lead was diverted by a defender.

The 1874 midfield grew more dominant as the game progressed with Freakes, Mark Jones, Jake Parker and Sam Hind all impressing, while the back four seemed to have Ashton’s strikers in check.

How to secure tickets for 1874's FA Vase semi-final first leg

As the second half progressed Ashton had to commit more in their search for an equaliser and 1874 keeper Hall coped comfortably with the crosses and shots that came his way.

1874 always looked as though they would be the most likely of the sides to score the next goal.

Kennerley missed two chances to claim his second when firstly his well-hit shot was deflected for a corner and then his second effort was scuffed when under pressure.

However, in the 77th minute Parker put the game to bed when he netted from close range after good work by tHind on the right flank.

Then after 85 minutes Hind was busy once more and the fruits of his labour should really have been seen with a third goal but substitute Ryan Jackson shot wide when well placed.

1874 will now look forward to two more league games this week at home when they meet Squires Gate on Thursday followed by AFC Darwen on Saturday.

1874: Hall (GK), Connor, L Jackson, Pritchard, Mitchell, Jones, Hind, Freakes, McGowan (Riley 84), Parker (Fallon 80), Kennerley (R Jackson 76). Subs not used: Woods, Thomas. Attendance: 134