A CHIMNEY fire broke out at a home in Rudheath.

Two fire crews from Northwich rushed to the property in Cotebrook Road at around 17.20pm on Sunday, February 4, after they were alerted to the blaze.

A hose reel and chimney rods were used to get to the fire via the fireplace.

Part of the upper chimney was also alight, and firefighters had to climb on to the roof to get to it using ladders and other safety gear.

The house was occupied when the fire broke out, but all members of the household were located and safely accounted for.  

 A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 17.21pm, Firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a house on Cotebrook Road in Northwich.

“Crews used specialist chimney rods and a hose to fight the fire from behind the fireplace before using a roof ladder and height safety equipment to extinguish the remaining fire at the top of the chimney.

“All occupants were accounted for.”