ONE casualty was treated by paramedics after flames ripped through the living room of a house in Northwich.

Firefighters were called to a fire on the ground floor of a home on North Drive at 7.12pm on Monday, December 4.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and a high pressure fan to extinguish the flames.

READ > Winsford worker jailed after conning £26k out of supermarket

“A thermal imaging camera was used to monitor the room for hot spots and ensure the situation was under control.”

Firefighters helped one casualty until the ambulance service arrived.

Crews were at the scene for around two-and-a-half hours.

Two fire engines from Northwich attended