TWO people were checked over for possible smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a house in Northwich in the early hours.

Two fire engines from Northwich and Winsford fire stations rushed to Flower Street in Caste shortly after 1.30am this morning, Sunday.

This came after firefighters were called to reports of a fire in the living room of a property.

On arrival at the scene, crews used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a covering jet and a large fan to tackle the fire.

All of the occupants were out of the house on arrival, with two being examined by paramedics for possible smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The cause of the fire has been identified as an electrical fault.”