FIRE crews tackled a house fire in the bedroom of a home in Delamere. 

Fire engines from Northwich and Frodsham rushed to an address on Frith Avenue, off Station Road, Delamere, at 9.34pm on Saturday, October 7.

The fire crews entered the house wearing breathing kit and were able to put out the blaze with a hose real.

Officers believe the fire was caused by an electric iron setting fire to a chest of drawers in an upstairs bedroom.

A thermal camera was used to make sure the fire had not spread to other parts of the house.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Fire fighters were called to a report of a house fire in Delamere, which involved an iron and chest of drawers.

“Crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the fire, which was in the first-floor bedroom of the property.

“They then removed the affected furniture out of the house and checked for hotspots using a thermal imaging camera.”