A WEAVERHAM man has been found guilty of performing a sex act in front of two young girls who had been babysitting his own children.

Mark Anthony Foster has been on trial at Chester Crown Court charged with a total of seven historic sex offences dating back to the 1990s.

The 60-year-old, of Forster Avenue, denied the accusations made against him by a total of four women, who are now in their 40s, but at the time had been aged between nine and 13.

Now, after deliberating the evidence for just under five hours, the jury issued unanimous guilty verdicts on two counts of indecency with a child.

However, Foster was cleared of three other charges of indecency with a child as well as two counts of indecent assault.

It was the second time Foster had been tried on the matters, after a jury failed to reach a verdict in July 2021 – with a judge ordering a re-trial.

The two acts of indecency related to an incident in the lounge of Foster’s home when he performed a sex act in front of two girls who had been babysitting his children.

He was sitting in an armchair with a cushion over his lap and when he removed it, the girls could see he had his penis out.

After he was found guilty, Judge Michael Leeming told Foster, who was in his late 20s or early 30s when the incident took place, he will be sentenced in August.

The judge also told him how his hands would be in somewhat tied with regard to his sentencing powers, as the Indecency with Children Act 1960 had been abolished since the offences took place.

He said: “I make no indication whatsoever with regards to my sentence.

“That is because these are historic offences, which have been abolished in the time since they were committed.”

Foster’s bail was renewed until his next court appearance, and he was told to notify the police of his address as part of a notification requirement of the sex offender’s register.

One of Foster’s family members shouted abuse at the jury as they were being led out of the courtroom and there was a short delay in them being dismissed from their duties.

He will be sentenced on Thursday, August 4.