WITTON Albion were forced to withdraw from their trip to South Shields after a Covid-19 outbreak within the camp.

The Northern Premier League game was called off on Friday night, but no further details have been announced at this stage.

Albion's three previous games were all postponed due to poor weather.

They are next scheduled to host Warrington Town at the U Lock It Stadium on bank holiday Monday, December 27.

1874 Northwich were unable to hold on to their lead against fourth-placed Clitheroe but bagged a deserved point at Townfield.

Jake Parker had levelled the scores in the 32nd minute and Matt Wooley fired home from the penalty spot early in the second half after his brother Joe had been fouled.

The side co-managed by Wayne Goodison and Paul Bowyer were good value for their lead but the visitors ensured the game finished all square when substitute Turner added to Louis Jeanne's opening effort with 74 minutes on the clock.

1874, who are 10th in Northern Premier League West, will next head to their old North West Counties League promotion rivals Warrington Rylands on bank holiday Monday, December 27.

Meanwhile, Northwich Victoria smashed visitors Lower Breck 7-0 at the U Lock It Stadium in Wincham.

Luke Sephton completed a first-half hat-trick but took no further part in the game due to suffering a concussion injury.

Chad Whyte, who netted a brace, bagged the last goal of an opening period that ended 5-0 versus a side that the Trickies lost 5-1 against last month.

Christian Mather (55mins) and Adam Owen (16) were the other scorers for Steve Wilkes' side.

In the same division, Winsford United drew 2-2 at Barnoldswick Town.

Sam Madeley's 80th minute penalty secured a point for Blues, who had Daniel Boden to thank for levelling matters in the 23rd minute after the hosts had taken a fourth-minute lead through Zack Dale.

Barnoldswick went ahead for a second time courtesy of Kuda Chingwaro in the 57th minute.

Winsford are next scheduled to play away to Macclesfield on December 27.

It was a similar story for Barnton, twice coming from behind to finish up 2-2 at New Mills.

No sooner had Jordan Monthe found the mark in the 56th minute the Villagers were behind again but Thomas Edwards struck six minutes from time to earn a share of the spoils.

Jake Pollard put New Mills ahead in first-half stoppage time and Darren McKnight netted their second.

Next time out Barnton play host to Sandbach United on December 27.