1874 Northwich came out on top in a crazy 10-goal affair, while Northwich Victoria lost at home and Barnton collected a point on the road in today's football action.

Mossley took a 3-0 lead inside 19 minutes against 74 at Townfield but that was as good as it got for them as the hosts came roaring back to lead 4-3 at half-time and added three more goals without reply to win 7-3.

Jake Parker and Kenzie O'Neill each bagged a brace for 1874 in the heavy wet and soggy conditions.

Despite the weather, the entertainment on the field was worth the entrance fee on what was 1874's 'Bring A Mate Day'.

It did not look like that early on though as the visitors netted in the ninth, 12th and 19th minutes, bringing back memories of the 3-0 home loss to Widnes last time out in Northern Premier League West.

But the remarkable encounter was quickly turned on its head.

Cal Gardner did the spadework for Parker's first goal of the game in the 25th minute.

And then almost immediately Mike Koral smashed the ball into the net after O'Neill had weaved his way through the defence.

The leveller, and 1874's third in 12 minutes, came when skipper Matt Woolley made no mistake from the penalty spot.

And to complete the remarkable comeback, in the third minute of added time O'Neill produced a wonderful finish for 4-3.

1874 gave themselves breathing space two minutes into the second half when Lucas Weir netted.

O'Neill double the advantage when he got on the end of a great ball in from Joe Woolley in the 60th minute.

And the scoring was completed when O'Neill turned provider for Parker to bag his second with a neat volleyed finish.

Meanwhile, across town in the North West Counties League Premier Division at the U Lock It Stadium - formerly known as Wincham Park - Northwich Victoria fell 2-0 at home to fourth-placed Charnock Richard.

Both headed goals were conceded in the second half, the first one four minutes in and the killer seven minutes from time.

It could have been a different story if Sephton's first minute strike had not been ruled out for off-side, while Adam Owen hit the top of the crossbar straight from a corner in the 31st minute.

Barnton had Will Avon to thank for their draw at Cammell Laird 1907.

His goal in the 72nd minute cancelled out the opener from Lairds 20 minutes earlier.

The Villagers managed to hold on for a point even after having Liam Kennington sent off for a second yellow card four minutes after his team had equalised.

For a second successive week Witton Albion were robbed of a game by the weather, as their fixture at Atherton Collieries was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Winsford United's home clash with Skelmersdale United never took place due to a burst water pipe nearby had left the ground with no water supply.