A KITCHEN has been completely destroyed after a fire tore though a home in Weaverham this morning (July 22)

The incident happened just before 5.30am when fire crews from Northwich and Lymm were dispatched to an address on Briar Lane.

Luckily, despite the extensive damage caused to the kitchen, nobody was hurt and everyone living in the house was accounted for.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Firefighters attended to a house fire on Briar Lane.

"Wearing four breathing apparatus, crews began tackling the flames using a covering jet and two hose reel jets.

"A large fan was also used to disperse smoke.

"When the fire was extinguished crews checked neighbouring properties and cleared the kitchen area.

"Everyone inside the property was accounted for."

Officers from Weaver and Cuddington Police also joined their colleagues from the fire service and later advised how the incident highlighted the importance of smoke alarms in the home.