A HARTFORD home was filled with smoke after cooking was left unattended.

Firefighters were called to a Chester Road property just after 5pm yesterday, Wednesday, to reports of smoke.

On arrival, the crew from Northwich discovered that it was in fact cooking fumes.

They found that food had been left unattended as it was being cooked.

Firefighters used a large fan to clear the significant amount of cooking fumes from the property and were in attendance for around 50 minutes.

Click here to see Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's home safety tips.