A WASHING machine caught fire at a house in Moulton.

Firefighters were called to Chapel Lane shortly before 8pm last night.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to tackle the fire in the kitchen. A covering jet was also used.

One male occupant was assessed by paramedics but did not go to hospital.

Crews isolated gas and electricity supplies.

Once the fire was out the areas affected were damped down to make them safe and affected materials were cut away.

READ > Weaver Square demolition to begin this month

Firefighters also used a large fan to clear smoke from the property.

Three fire engines, two from Northwich and one from Winsford were at the scene for almost an hour.