AN electrical box sparked a fire in a Barnton bungalow yesterday evening, Sunday.

Fire crews from Northwich and Lymm were called to Lydyett Lane at 6.28pm, to reports of a blaze in the hallway.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "On arrival the crews found that it was a fully evolved fire.

"Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to put the fire out. A covering jet was also used.

"The electricity and gas supplies to the property were isolated, as were the solar panels in the loft.

"Once the fire was out the bungalow was ventilated.

"Firefighters also cut away materials that were burnt by the fire and checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.

"They were in attendance for around two hours."