AN electrical fault is believed to have caused a blaze in the roof of a Northwich house earlier this morning.

Six fire crews were called to the address in Church Road at around 05.30am.

Firefighters wearing four breathing apparatus, used two hose reels to help tackle the fire and bring it under control. 

Two crews from Northwich, one from Middlewich, one from Winsford and two from Lymm were involved in the operation.

Once the fire was extinguished, firefighters looked out for hot spots within the loft before using cutting equipment to access the roof space and remove the loft insulation.

Everyone inside the property was accounted for.