A HOUSE fire last night led to one person being taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

The incident in Cogshall Lane, Comberbach saw three fire crews - from Northwich and Lymm - spend two hours tackling the blaze.

Firefighters were called at 10.54pm on Wednesday, arriving to find that all occupants of the house had safely exited the property.

The crews then spent two hours at the house, four using breathing apparatus while two hose reel jets, a covering jet and a positive pressure ventilation unit were employed to tackle the fire.