FIREFIGHTERS were called to a campsite fire involving a leaking gas cylinder.

A fire engine from Northwich attended the fire at the Delamere Forest campsite at 5.30pm on Sunday.

A camper van had been involved in the fire, and the fire crew cooled the vehicle with a fire hose. One person was treated by paramedics.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire is believed to have been caused by a leak from an LPG cylinder and regulator.

The service is offering camping safety advice on its website.