Send us news, start your message Cheshire News and your send photos and videos to 80360
A good clear out before Christmas could really help
It is nearing Christmas already.
Everyone is out bargain hunting. Spare a thought for the charity shops struggling to find donated stock. A good clear out before Christmas could really help those in need.
The global economy is not settling as some forecasters predicted. There is less of everything to go around and people need instant cash.
The Cheshire Credit Union is there to help. They are a group of volunteers who have banded together to create an award winning financial institution for the whole community. Currently offering lost cost loans and easy ways to save for the Christmas season or those rainy days we so frequently have.
But the service is in need of more customers to keep going in Northwich. They open at the Northwich Information Centre on Fridays from 10am to 12pm. They have means for people to pay into their accounts by cards and can post forms for withdrawing cash.
The Credit Union is the answer to the rash of loan sharks – legal or doorstep – which threaten the stability and health of low-income families.
With low interest on loans and secure savings, it makes sense to join.
Christmas should not be a time of worry or overspending using extortionate loan companies.
Jean is there on Fridays to help you make the most of your money.
What are your experiences with loan companies?
In this section
- Universal Credit will herald a new era of extreme poverty
- Be grateful for what we have in changing times
- Make a difference with love
- Let's hope the regeneration projects bring in new businesses and shoppers
- Northwich is pretty much a Northern ‘terminal town’
- The importance of neighbours
- Come and celebrate Apple Day at Dane Valley
- Team Sky begin momentous dig
- Hunting for keen volunteers
- Are parents to blame for the riots?