WITTON Albion could not preserve a perfect home record in league matches this season when they played out a goalless stalemate with Stocksbridge on Tuesday.

They stay fourth in Division One South as a result.

It marks the first time this term his side have failed to score, but manager Carl Macauley will be more concerned about defender Anthony Brown after he left the field on a stretcher.

The former Burscough man injured his knee when landing awkwardly, prompting his departure midway through the first half.

Albion will assess the extent of the damage today.

The hosts went closest when Prince Haywood’s attempt struck the crossbar in the second half.

Former Witton captain Darren Chadwick headed the only goal as Leek Town condemned Northwich Victoria to a second successive defeat.

He met Jake Dunwoody’s corner with a decisive contact in the 21st minute.

Vics wasted an opportunity to draw level after Yaw Gyimah was fouled in the penalty area, only for Blues’ custodian Ben Chapman to parry Jamie Hinchliffe’s spot kick low to his right.

Northwich goalkeeper Mason Springthorpe was called into action to deny Tim Grice, substitute Rob Stevenson and ex-Vics front man Chris Budrys in the second period.

At the other end, Chapman tipped over midfielder Michael Brewster’s attempt from distance.

Vics head to Lincoln United this weekend.

1874 Northwich could not recover from a slow start at home to Congleton, slipping from the North West Counties League summit following a 3-1 defeat.

Scott Sephton steered the visitors’ in front, then Norman Willis doubled their lead after goalkeeper Greg Hall parried Sephton’s initial attempt.

Former Bears forward Scott McGowan halved 1874’s arrears on 56 minutes, only for Congleton to restore a two-goal advantage when Jack Pritchard converted substitute James Kirby’s lay-off.

Wins away from home for Runcorn Town, at Cammell Laird, and Atherton Collieries – who saw off West Didsbury – leave Ian Street’s placed third in the table.

They turn their attention to the FA Vase this weekend, when Billingham Synthonia visit Barton Stadium.