IF first impressions count, then then newly-promoted Northwich could not have made a better one.

Matthew Beadle hit the net twice on his debut as Ian Street’s men, in the end at least, brushed aside the challenge of hosts AFC Blackpool on their maiden appearance in the league’s top flight.

A standard has been set.

Patience paid dividend, for the opening goal did not arrive until six minutes into the second period when Beadle met Ryan Stewart’s cross with a decisive tough.

Stewart turned scorer shortly afterwards, prodding in at the back post after Ryan Mitchell combined with Paul Connor who, along with Beadle, was one of two new recruits in the visitors’ starting line-up.

From the other flank, Stewart and Mike Aston swapped passes to present Mike Brandon with an opportunity.

However the hosts’ goalkeeper saved smartly.

He could do nothing though to prevent Beadle capping a promising performance with another goal, this time a cute lob after captain Rick Bailey had supplied a cross from the right flank.

Northwich, unable to call upon suspended attacker Matty Ward and injured duo Lee Jones and Andy Hurst as well as unavailable Lee Duckworth, had been frustrated by the home team before the break.

Aston smuggled clear a long throw that threatened danger during the early exchanges.

He was involved in an attack that ended with Stewart sending Brandon into space, the striker pulling back for Beadle who forced Blackpool’s custodian to block with his legs.

There was a scare at the other end when Matt Conkie presented the ball to an attacker, only to recover with a save from the resulting shot.

He was equal to a drive from distance shortly before the interval too.

The second half belonged to Beadle, supported ably by Stewart, on an afternoon to remember.

1874 Conkie (GK) Mitchell, Thomas, Farnworth, Aston (Woods 82), Connor (Abdullah 82), Bailey, Woolley, Stewart, Brandon (Short 74), Beadle Subs not used Hamer, Igenoza Goals Beadle 51, 80 Stewart 55

Referee Michael Crompton

Attendance 352