Send us news, start your message Cheshire News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Results in for first Baron's Quay consultation
3:00pm Tuesday 21st August 2012 in News
RESULTS from the first phase of consultation into plans for Baron’s Quay have revealed support for the scheme.
The community was asked for its thoughts on draft plans for the project in May.
A statement released by Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWAC), working with the Weaver Valley Partnership Board, said the majority of respondents supported proposals for the 25-acre site.
Elements people liked include maximising the relationship with the River Weaver, enhancing the quality of the town centre environment and redeveloping an underused site in a prime location.
Concerns were raised over car parking provision and charging, the tenants of the new units and the proposed supermarket.
Geoff Hope-Terry, chairman of the Weaver Valley Partnership Board, said: “The plans are firming up now as we get closer to the date when we want to put a planning application forward.
“However, it is still important to us that residents have their say so that the final proposals meet as many of the local aspirations for the site as possible.
“Whether people have given their views previously or not, I would urge everyone to look at the latest plans and use the next round of consultation to have their say.”
Clr Amy Mercer-Bailey, from CWAC and Northwich Town Council, said: “A strong theme arising from the consultation was around timescales and delivery, with people wanting to see something happening at Baron’s Quay as soon as possible.
“Delivering this scheme without delay – subject, of course, to the necessary planning permission – is clearly vital to maintaining public confidence in a development which has enormous potential for our town.”
More detailed plans will be put forward for consultation in September and a planning application is expected to be submitted towards the end of the year.