Be a Change Maker for St Luke's Hospice

11:52am Monday 17th February 2014

A NEW initiative has been launched to spearhead change for a mid Cheshire charity.

Hartford woman Emma Rands is one of the first recruits to join St Luke’s Hospices’ Change Maker initiative.

As a Change Maker the 35-year-old volunteers to encourage friends, families and work colleagues to register to shop for brands and groceries through Care2Save.co.uk.

Last year £87 billion was spent shopping online, generating millions of pounds in commission which would normally be pocketed by corporates.

Through Care2Save shoppers can nominate any UK registered charity to receive 80 per cent of the commission earned on their purchases, with the remaining 20 per cent going to the Care2Save Charitable Trust to support and develop hospice and palliative care projects in the UK and around the world.

Emma said: “I’ve been supporting St Luke’s for a long time, having done the Midnight Walk a few times as well as getting involved in the Santa Dash.

“It’s so important to be able to support St Luke’s as it’s so important to so many people, and getting involved with Care2Save and becoming a Change Maker is such a simple and yet effective way of helping.”

Diane Eeley, head of corporate and community development for St Luke’s, said: “We are tremendously excited by the potential of this and urge people to get involved.

“Social media is extremely powerful, and yet an inexpensive way of getting the message out.”

For more information about becoming a Change Maker contact Diane Eeley at diane_eeley@stlukes-hospice.co.uk or on 01606 555 697.

For more information about Care2Save visit Care2Save.co.uk.

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

Northwich Guardian: Site Logo http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/trade_directory/