Send us news, start your message Cheshire News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Get the kettle on for the World's Biggest Coffee Morning
CAKES are being baked and coffee brewed in readiness for a morning of fundraising on Friday, September 27.
Friday is the official day for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and residents across mid Cheshire are preparing to host their own events.
More than 230 Northwich residents have registered to hold a coffee morning for the national event, with their events expected to generate £45,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Across the UK, coffee mornings are expected to raise £15million for the charity.
Sarah Page, Macmillan’s fundraising manager in Northwich, said: “If you can’t do it on September 27 then just pick another day, if you’re not keen on coffee and would rather have cocktails or even herbal tea then that’s fine as well.
“All that matters is that you invite some friends, family or workmates along to help raise money for Macmillan.
“Every pound raised matters and helps us fund our fantastic local services.”
She added: “We want to make sure no-one has to face cancer alone but we can’t do it without the amazing people who fundraise for us.”
Events in mid Cheshire on Friday include:
• The Blue Cap, in Sandiway, 10.30am to 1.30pm. Helen Mills has organised this event, complete with the Great British Blue Cap Bake Off, in memory of her mum Pauline, who worked at Sainsbury’s.
“The Macmillan nurses helped my mum and my family a lot during my mum's illness, and I am holding the coffee morning at The Blue Cap, where I work, in memory of her,” she said.
“We are combining the morning with the Great British Blue Cap Bake Off, and there has been a lot of talk about who's making what already! We will also be hosting a Treasure Hunt.”
• Castle Methodist and United Reformed Church, Beeston Street, in Castle, from 10am to noon.
• Scout Hall, Church Street, Weaverham, from 10am to noon, home made cakes, jam and marmalade for sale.
• Sainsbury’s, in Northwich, throughout the morning.
• Salinae Centre, in Middlewich, from 9.30am.
• Delamere Sandwich Bar, Delamere Street, in Winsford, from 10am to 1pm.
- Davenham Methodist Church, 10am to 12.30pm, including bring and buy, cake stall and raffle.
To find more coffee mornings or to register one visit macmillan.org.uk/coffee or ring 0845 070 1315.