These wonderful pieces of fudge look irresitable, presented in a small box as a cute gift or to tempt friends and family this Christmas.
Makes approx 1Kg
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
150ml (1/4 pt) milk
450g (1lb) Demerara sugar
100g (4 oz) butter
150g (5oz) glace cherries, halved
50g (2 oz) stem ginger, chopped
1) Grease and base a 20cm (8 in) square cake tin with baking parchment
2) Heat the milks, sugar and butter in a large, non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely
3) Bringing to the boil and simmer over a low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan, until a soft ball of fudge is formed when a little of the mixture is dropped into a jug of ice cold water
4) Remove from the heat and beat the fudge by hand until thick and grainy (about 10 minutes)
5) Gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
For more delicious recipes and the chance to meet and film with celebrity chef Phil Vickery see www.carnation.co.uk/competition.